ENGINE DECISION TIME!!!!!! opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robhenry2990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have a 98 4 door hoe with just over 200k on the clock. well i got a ses light for a misfire on cylinder 4. i checked the plugs that i just replaced 1k ago. cyl 4 was fouled and covered in oil. i figure the rings are going. at first i was just gonna gasket everything and redo the spider injection . then i decided ill do a valve job with it. then it was .30 over with a mild cam. then it was stroke it out to a 383. now im thinking of the lq4 swap. i wanna spend around 5k on this project and i found a complete lq4 from pace for $3500. im not sure of what all i need for the swap i saw branndon_b's stuff but it seems he got just about everything he needed when he got the motor. and honestly im open to other ideas to.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a LQ4 swap! It'll run stronger than any blown sbc, IMHO.

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you find a donor truck for the electronics for the lq4.

my vote would be stroke to 383

OP
OP
robhenry2990

robhenry2990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the 383 would be the easiest and if do go that route im gonna by a 350 out of the local junkyard and and do it so i still have my dd.then swap the motor in a weekend. i might be able to find a donor truck for the lq4 in the jy too what all did they come in?
probably be cheaper for the 383

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez