Electronic Pedals slowed me down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
Although I bought the Tahoe new in 2010, I played with the electronic gas & brake pedals on the dealer's lot, then promptly forgot about them. Yesterday, I decided to install a holster for my 1911 Colt .45, and figured I would just move the gas pedal with the switch to gain some elbow room. I raised the pedals all the way up. Next trip to town, I felt like I had found an extra 50 horsepower. Seems that when the pedals are all the way close to the floor on this Tahoe, it needs you to mash the pedal into the floorboard to kick down a gear or accelerate quicker than a small groundhog with the trots. Now that the pedals are all the way up off the floor, my Tahoe actually feels like it has a V-8 in the engine bay. I don't know why this is, but I wish it hadn't taken me 7 years to accidentally discover it. Sorta made me want to empty the clip on the 1911 into the Tahoe:biggun:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only feels that way, it's just leverage. With the pedals closer, it probably takes less leg muscles to depress the gas and brake.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It only feels that way, it's just leverage. With the pedals closer, it probably takes less leg muscles to depress the gas and brake.
^^this... on longtrips when i drive with no shoes and i have to turn cruise off, putting the pedal up a little bit lets me drive with just my big toe.... no shit....leverage

OP
OP
A

Amanda4461

Reaction score
That would make sense, except I could never get the damn thing to kick down a gear unless I planted my foot into the carpet. It will now do kick-downs at half-throttle, and drop down two gears if pushed to the floor. It wouldn't do that before. I assumed either a switch was moved or a wire had hung up. When I rode in the dealer's Tahoe Shuttle, it seemed to have much more get up and go than my truck. Now they are about the same. Before, my truck wouldn't have pulled a greasy string out of a pig's butt:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA