Electrical problems Yukon Denali 04

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshuasDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been having this problem for a couple months not sure why. Could it be a ground issues or could be the alternator or battery. Hoping this is a easy fix. If anyone could help or give suggestions that would be greatly appreciated !

https://imgur.com/gallery/EuSqql5
#denaligang

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Been having this problem for a couple months not sure why. Could it be a ground issues or could be the alternator or battery. Hoping this is a easy fix. If anyone could help or give suggestions that would be greatly appreciated !

https://imgur.com/gallery/EuSqql5
#denaligang
I'm no expert but I think it might be a ground issue. Even your gear selector goes off. Is it running or is the key on without it running? When does it happen? Hitting bumps? Just idling? Is it always quick, or last longer then shown? Have you tried smacking the dash? Need more specifics.

OP
OP
J

JoshuasDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I think it might be a ground issue. Even your gear selector goes off. Is it running or is the key on without it running? When does it happen? Hitting bumps? Just idling? Is it always quick, or last longer then shown? Have you tried smacking the dash? Need more specifics.
Thanks for the reply. Happens when I have the key in run and when the vehicle is on. Happens when it idles , when driving on bumpy , or flat roads. Depends sometimes it goes really fast and sometimes it stays like that for 5 seconds. I have not smacked the dash yet lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Happens when I have the key in run and when the vehicle is on. Happens when it idles , when driving on bumpy , or flat roads. Depends sometimes it goes really fast and sometimes it stays like that for 5 seconds. I have not smacked the dash yet lol
If you haven’t started smacking the dash you haven’t started having fun yet have you? :signs8:

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
I would start just by simply unplug replug in the connection on the back,not saying it will work but cheap and easy. The cluster is very easy to remove.Also these clusters are problematic once they get older. I have fixed a few electrical issues this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo