Electric Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the most common way to do this? Do you guys go custom or get a specific vehicle fit?

JK....feel free to guide me in this. :)

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The easiest way IMO for most people is to use a stock e-fan assembly. Pretty much plug and play. Then all you have to do is program the PCM to turn the fans on at a certain temp.
I did mine from scratch though with everything aftermarket, from the fans, wiring, and thermostat control.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jk when u say stock fan assembly, do u mean they built stock fans for like 05 or 06 tahoes? so i would have to buy one of those or get one off a newer year and put it in mine?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. IIRC, i believe it was 05 up GM full size trucks when they started using e-fans.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please point me in the right direction for this I would love to do this to my truck, does it free up some power?

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed the purma cool dual fan pack its just a few bolts and a three wire hookup

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Key an eye on the e fans. I had several problems with the perma cool fans, the connector that holds the fan to the fan motor's shaft kept coming loose. Perma cool sent replacement connectors, a replacement motor (under warranty) but then the other fan started doing the same thing. I eventually yanked it out and went back to the stock assembly. I was concerned that the fan would come loose and hit the radiator. Ouch!

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are you dealing with, it should be a guy named Mike, this is my fourth fan pack ive never had a problem, If it was just a connector coming loose why not just fab something so it stays tight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse