E85 experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I give news of my Tahoe. It has therefore received a case Ethanol, which is well thought because provided with a temperature probe for cold weather start and a GM ethanol content analyzer.

I still ride with a mixture of E85 and gasoline 95 octane (in France we have gasoline 98 or 95 E10). The engine runs perfectly. That said, I did not take any risk with this case, many American truck use this case.

What a pleasure to drive with fuel at $ 2.40 a gallon instead of $ 6.80 a gallon for gasoline lol

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some news from my Tahoe.

I am now 100% E85 and it behaves very well. No lights fault on.

The application tells me that there is only 62% ethanol currently and that I am at 90% duty cycle for injectors at full load.

I think so change my injectors futures. Do you think Tahoe Flexfuel injectors 2003-2006 can fit on a 2001?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some news from my Tahoe.

I am now 100% E85 and it behaves very well. No lights fault on.

The application tells me that there is only 62% ethanol currently and that I am at 90% duty cycle for injectors at full load.

I think so change my injectors futures. Do you think Tahoe Flexfuel injectors 2003-2006 can fit on a 2001?
they should yes, they would have the 4 nozzle instead of 2 nozzle, is your truck a 01 and running e85 on regular injectors?

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I am still in injectors of origin with my 2001.

Right now we have a cold snap on France. In the morning, we went from 53 ° F to 32 ° F in one day, it allowed me to see the cold start ... No worries, the truck started impeccably.

For now there is only 60% ethanol but in summer, the content may rise to 85% so I think my injectors will be too fair and my truck will end up too poor.

How much does gasoline and E85 cost in the united states?

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel costs in the US depend on region. I live in Oklahoma City where E85 costs $2.29/gallon, E10 around $2.45, and pure gasoline around $2.65

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay i’ll Send you my shipping address

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes yes, for May 1st it was quite violent on the streets. The police still managed to contain the damage, but they are exhausted.

Everything started precisely because of the price of fuel (especially diesel, 80% of cars in France are diesel engines).

I know someone on a French forum who was vandalized his Chevrolet Avalanche.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lovely photos!!
Yes.... look like when i was there... The Police looked like they didn't know what to do.. I saw "rain" falling horizontally and realized something was wrong... when i reached the top of the stairs I saw that it was a water cannon!
I was told at that time they(police) to sit tight and basically do nothing until they figured their next move. I saw them as far south as Marseilles. The south was just as beautiful during late fall as it is in the summer... but with less people!
Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42