E brake help needed.....UPDATE.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm repairing the emergency brake on my 04 Tahoe. I have all the parts I need except one because I don't know the name of it. It is the pivot point that attaches to the end of the brake cable at the backing plate. Any ideas on the name or a part number would be of great help. Thanks.......

OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg I don't think so. It's the lever at the backing plate that in this case the right side parking brake cable clips into. I believe it's #2 in this diagram.

Last edited:
OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If any one is doing this project, I highly recommend the Dorman 2 piece backing plate, about $18 from Amazon per side and the Dorman hardware kit, $20 for both sides. It's not a bad job and very rewarding when completed. Plenty of videos of how to on line.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number for the hardware kit please since I too need that same part #2. Thanks I'll be ordering that asap, another thing to do.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I bought new ones like 4yrs ago and have yet to use them because of that piece.

OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it seems I jumped the gun. The part I needed is not in the kit even though I was told it was. So I went to the dealer and was informed the only way to get the part I need was to order a complete e brake kit that includes many parts I already have. I ordered the kit and will report back how I make out.....sorry about that....who knew this would be so hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito