Dual Projectors & SMD Halos (Concept still)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, decided to make my own thread b/c whitehoe01's thread got overtaken by us, Sorry about that. :Handshake:

So this is still a concept at the moment, but i get bored easily and with all you guys ideas and such, ive found a new mod im going to do within time. Thats why its not in exterior, b/c i have no pics, its not done. Just looking for ideas, concepts about this, pictures, any info you guys have. I have pysch's and denaliak's threads saved and some more, but more info is always a plus.

Now first i have the sonar halo projectors. My idea is to retro 4 real projectors into it w/ smd (uhp led) halos. And if looks good or before hand getting a Z71 valance w/ the circle fogs and doing the smd halos in there also. Also having the cutoff shield painted either red or blue, unknown at the present time.

For future reference im posting some links that we have in the other thread about shields, halos, etc.. That way its all in one and may help out someone else.

While the original thread started w/ painting the shields i came across this. And decided this is what im going to do. Simply sweet looking.
picture.php

here is the thread the guy has about how he did them. More pictures and such. http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-show-shine/512838-quad-projector-headlights-making.html

here is a guys retro on full size http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...21-blackknights-hid-retrofit-starts-here.html

Here's a vid 01tahoenjn posted up, that got me wanting the blue halos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkDyOk78UTc

then some color changing ones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYKowgyMEFA&feature=related

I know not everyone likes halos, but i like different not what everyone else has. And i want them to stand out if i'm doing it. So hence the 4 projectors and halos w/ painted cutoff shields.
Any help, ideas, links, comments, criticism whatever post it. or if you have any of these items to assist me, pm me.

List of what was used for this:

1. 4 Projectors (mini morimoto H1)
2. JDM black crystal clear headlights
3. LED (oracle) halos
4. New Hid kit for projectors. TRS hid kits (4)

My Tahoe appearance thread.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44574

Final Picture
JDM black clear HLP (painted black)
Quad mini h1s
Oracle halo - blue/white leds

picture.php

Last edited:

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read the Fullsizechevy write up. Im looking forward to this. Im stayin tuned for sure. :hands:

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice collection of info Mike. Excited to see how this progresses.:popcorn:

You helped also my friend. Trying to get it all in one. So many different areas i get confused.

I just read the Fullsizechevy write up. Im looking forward to this. Im stayin tuned for sure. :hands:

Well im going to try to attempt it, i dont know for sure of time frame here, but the led halos might be soon.

Just thinking if i want to do these halos or get some of the clear headlights and put retro's in there and then add halos to them.

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont mind my thread getting taken over i had an idea and a lot of ppl liked it.. we all need to share something every now and then

mike if you do it, you know ima be right behind you.. plus toss the z71 valance on and toss projectors in the fogs...
what area of tx are you in?
im gonna be moving to the Frisco/Mckineey/Plano area (north dallas)

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont mind my thread getting taken over i had an idea and a lot of ppl liked it.. we all need to share something every now and then

mike if you do it, you know ima be right behind you.. plus toss the z71 valance on and toss projectors in the fogs...
what area of tx are you in?
im gonna be moving to the Frisco/Mckineey/Plano area (north dallas)

im in spring, houston.

But been searching around found some really cool videos of other cars, bikes with a quad projector setup and some w/ halos. Looks really cool. Makes me want to have this done now.

But asked a few quys that do retros just to see what they think and how much out of curiosity, WOW... they want a arm and leg to put a projector inside a headlight. Thats only doing one projector. No halos, and surely not another light. But they all seem to say the mini projector is the way to go. I havent really thought of it, but i guess doing quad, all lights would be on for lows, which i dont knkow if thats legal or would look right.

For the halos, oracle wants 200 bucks for a kit for mine. Ebay it will be w/ that price, unless i find money buring a hole in my pocket. And maybe a dumb question, but is a blue halo illegal. Its not really a light per say. Just wondering. . Other than that, havent had any time to find some online yet. Finals and school comes first.

Heres a cool vid of a R1 w/ quads and halos...

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
im in spring, houston.

But been searching around found some really cool videos of other cars, bikes with a quad projector setup and some w/ halos. Looks really cool. Makes me want to have this done now.

But asked a few quys that do retros just to see what they think and how much out of curiosity, WOW... they want a arm and leg to put a projector inside a headlight. Thats only doing one projector. No halos, and surely not another light. But they all seem to say the mini projector is the way to go. I havent really thought of it, but i guess doing quad, all lights would be on for lows, which i dont knkow if thats legal or would look right.

For the halos, oracle wants 200 bucks for a kit for mine. Ebay it will be w/ that price, unless i find money buring a hole in my pocket. And maybe a dumb question, but is a blue halo illegal. Its not really a light per say. Just wondering. . Other than that, havent had any time to find some online yet. Finals and school comes first.

Heres a cool vid of a R1 w/ quads and halos...

i spend double my time on this compared to school...im convinced its a disease....i didnt drem till i got this forum now all i think about is changing things on her lol...i LOVE the daul idea...im going to differ from MOST ppl and say to paint the cutoff id use duplicolor metal cast im almost positave thats what the evo used...just needs to be baked a couple times before re-installation... a led brow would be sick(just a thought)!!!200 is pretty steep...theres another company out there that uses nice leds it on youtube somewhere ill post it if i come accross it again..we'll probablt be doing this side by side lol

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

also just forwarning you alot of the hidplanet ppl i have come in contact with have been complete assholes and faggots they cant stand "newbies" just a heads up

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i spend double my time on this compared to school...im convinced its a disease....i didnt drem till i got this forum now all i think about is changing things on her lol...i LOVE the daul idea...im going to differ from MOST ppl and say to paint the cutoff id use duplicolor metal cast im almost positave thats what the evo used...just needs to be baked a couple times before re-installation... a led brow would be sick(just a thought)!!!200 is pretty steep...theres another company out there that uses nice leds it on youtube somewhere ill post it if i come accross it again..we'll probablt be doing this side by side lol

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

also just forwarning you alot of the hidplanet ppl i have come in contact with have been complete assholes and faggots they cant stand "newbies" just a heads up

It is a disease, im the same way, did some of my mods before this forum, but then found it and man, whole new ball game. ha ha. glad i did find it though. things i would of never thought of, one being doing this projector retro.

I have already painted my cut off shield, both sides, flat black on the bulb side and red on the other. Didnt bake it or none of that, looks the same to me. Led brow, id have to see it done first. Right sticking w/ halos.

If you find that site again, let me know. Ive found some on ebay for alot cheaper and look the same. Im not looking to spend that much when 40 bucks or so looks the same. We probly will be, post up what you get done, you can post in here if you want.

and, yeah i posted up on hidplanet on yours and some other old one. Dont care about them, all they are is E-thugs. dont want to help but they have the time to sit and read it, then click reply and type something back.. lol. ive always found that humourous about those kinds of people. I'll have to check and see waht they say to me then. ha

too far, i wanted to move to houston but the job opportunity is in plano..anywho..
i think ima do what we said in my thread. just buy 2 pair of depo's.. and mod the high beam to a projector then run at least 4hi with 6k (nothing but light) then 6hi with these in the fogs..

You should be able to find a cheap set of depos for sale used, local or so. I would imagine. Unless you got the cash for the new set. But that sounds like a good idea. Probly easier doing those than what im trying to do. B/c i have found out the sonar halos, really arent a good starting project, since the projector (lense and etc) other half is built into the housing, unlike the depos, wehre the whole projector comes out clean.

For those fogs, i dont see waht that 2nd choice is? What are those two lights on the side of it? Intresting, also on retro source they ahve some blazer projector fogs for i think 40 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo