Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 Denali, and am doing a total overhaul. We are going through the truck in the shop, replaced all the springs, new lights, replaced completely rotted rear bumper, new plastic bumper skin, new spare tire crank and assembly, replaced dented hood, new water pump, opened up and checked engine, bearings, ect, new grill on the way, new floor mats, trunk mat, prepping for new speakers, respray and tint will happen once all the body pieces are installed.

I want to replace the stock exhaust with a full dual pipe all the way back. Possibly add an X or H section, probably have it straight back with two exit locations. Mostly want to eliminate the restrictive single pipe. and the loss caused by bringing the left pipe over to the left. What is my best option for this? I can't really find a ready-made product like what I am looking for, and am considering building a custom exhaust my self. I have the ability, I am evaluating cost/ease/time/power/emissions/value.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been moved to the proper section for you

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on throwing a high horsepower engine in your truck the stock exhaust is sufficient. For all that work you won`t really gain much if anything at all.

I had a custom dual side outlet catback for my yukon with three inch pipe from the Y pipe to the muffler and 2-1/2 inch tail pipes all in stainless steel for $800.

IMG_9297_zpsfd7bd07e.jpg

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on throwing a high horsepower engine in your truck the stock exhaust is sufficient. For all that work you won`t really gain much if anything at all.

I had a custom dual side outlet catback for my yukon with three inch pipe from the Y pipe to the muffler and 2-1/2 inch tail pipes all in stainless steel for $800.

IMG_9297_zpsfd7bd07e.jpg

That looks bad ass! Was yours custom? If not where can I buy one?

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It`s a custom job. I first tried a flowmaster catback with the same dual side outlet and i could never get the tailpipes to match the same angle and they were a lot lower than the ones in the picture and i didn`t like the way they looked. And it only lasted about three years before it rusted apart.

So rather than waste another $450 i went with the custom stainless job for $800 and it should last the life of the truck or more. And the tips are 3.5 inch slash cut SS about 18-22 inches.

If i can find a picture of the old setup i`ll post it.

100_5806.jpg

That`s it with the ugly little bolt on tips that came with the catback.

100_5895.jpg

And with similar to what i have now tips i had welded on.

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denalis are already true duel to the muffler inlet.

go to exhaust shop with two of your preferred mooflers (measure and make sure they fit). have oem muffler cut off.
Weld on X pipe.
weld on two new mufflers.
Weld back on the oem pipe section that goes over axle.
Have them fab up another tail pipe section to run parallel or to other side.

Done.

This is what I did on my Denali

00 TAHOE LT "LUTHER"

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello forum brothers! I have an 2000 tahoe lt new body style. I want to do flowmaster super 40 dual exhaust, straight back tail pipes. Well, of course not true, but split from the muffler. The problem i am finding is i cannot find the kit to do it myself. Im only finding it for silverado's. Can you help me out?

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Escalade had true duals from the factory, I'd assume you Denali does too. Its a true dual system until it gets to the muffler, then it exits from a single pipe. Your most cost effective option is to have a system custom made at an exhaust shop. I just had my Escalade done a month or so ago. I paid $260 for my custom system. True duals from the cats to a Magnaflow dual in, dual out muffler exiting behind the rear wheels just like the system in the pics someone already posted. Its all stainless, all new hangers and a lifetime gaurentee. The price even included the muffler, there is no way I could have bought a system cheaper than a shop could build and install it for me, plus the lifetime gaurentee. I cant count how many catback systems I have bought for my cars over the years but after seeing what this guy can do and the cost, I'll never buy another catback off the shelf again. Definitely recommend looking for an exhaust shop. I'd also recommend a Magnaflow too, sounds great. Not too loud with the windows up, almost zero drone. With the windows down you can really hear it come alive with your foot in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen