Dual battery install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to add a second battery to my 04 Tahoe. I have the second battery mount but looking for the best controller. Not looking for a manual switch and don't want to just hook them up in pairs. I'd like the batteries isolated and like the Painless system, but I have trouble justifying $205 for the project.
What say you who have done this, what are my options?

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually in the middle of my dual battery project (what can I say, I work slow :D ) and I went with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBYXVS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stinger 200a isolator. $40 on Amazon. Mine is mounted to the firewall on the passenger side using jack nuts and screws. I haven't got my 2nd battery yet but I'm leaning towards an X2 deep cycle group 34/78 that is rated to 68ah. Mine will be used primarily to run a refrigerator when we travel.

Once my dual battery setup is done I'll post a build thread with pics.

OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon Martin,
Thanks for the reply, funny thing is I went with the same isolator from Amazon, came today......lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito