dropped 3/5.5 09 burban on 24's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I tow my ctsv with 5 of us in the truck no problem. Autoride is nice

I need to buy the bags soon lol, after driving from nj to vermont the last week with 4 total people, ski shit and the roof box loaded up I hit the bumpstops more in that 6 hour drive then I have in the last 8 months since i lowered the truck.

It towed fine lowered and I barely hit the bump stops with the car on the trailer.

I am not sure what springs came with the kit I bought from you so am not sure what airbag kit to buy. I dont have the spacers in the rear, its just the spring so the rear sits right around Left 34" Right 34.5". Also how will the bags effect the self leveling kit on my truck?

http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=86

-Gary

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gary did you cut the bumpstop brackets off the back of your truck.

I towed my ctsv with 5 of us in there and was fine butttt if I didnt cut the brackets off the frame im sure would be close to resting on them

Ive never had to add helper bags to any autoride truck ive lowered over the years as long as the bracket is cut with the 3-4 kit thats all you need.

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary did you cut the bumpstop brackets off the back of your truck.

I towed my ctsv with 5 of us in there and was fine butttt if I didnt cut the brackets off the frame im sure would be close to resting on them

Ive never had to add helper bags to any autoride truck ive lowered over the years as long as the bracket is cut with the 3-4 kit thats all you need.

I didnt cut the bumpstop bracket but I did cut the bumpstops that were included with the whole kit you shipped me. With the shorter bumpstop not cut it only had about 1/8-1/4 inch of travel. Im pretty sure I cut them about 1/2 way but will double check tomorrow when i get the truck inside my shop to wash it.

I am pretty confused too, that subaru weights about 3400~ (and I know your V is way more) and recently its been trailered a decent amount. 2 trips both over 90 minutes, and I even had the car and trailer trough center city philly 2x's when i had roll in/out for the autoshow last week.

It doesnt make sense because when trailering it barely hits the bumpstops, so little that i cant really remember exactly how often/hard/where at. Yet my first long distance trip with the truck loaded up it felt like i was bottoming it very often.

what im scratching my head at is that 4 people in the truck, roof box loaded, 3rd row of seats removed and filled with luggage would cause the truck to hit the bumpstops more then towing a 4500 trailer/car. Maybe since there is more weight over the rear axles on the recent road trip then tounge weight with the trailer when its loaded?

-Gary

Last edited:

Houstonshark

Reaction score
I didnt cut the bumpstop bracket but I did cut the bumpstops that were included with the whole kit you shipped me. With the shorter bumpstop not cut it only had about 1/8-1/4 inch of travel. Im pretty sure I cut them about 1/2 way but will double check tomorrow when i get the truck inside my shop to wash it.

I am pretty confused too, that subaru weights about 3400~ (and I know your V is way more) and recently its been trailered a decent amount. 2 trips both over 90 minutes, and I even had the car and trailer trough center city philly 2x's when i had roll in/out for the autoshow last week.

It doesnt make sense because when trailering it barely hits the bumpstops, so little that i cant really remember exactly how often/hard/where at. Yet my first long distance trip with the truck loaded up it felt like i was bottoming it very often.

what im scratching my head at is that 4 people in the truck, roof box loaded, 3rd row of seats removed and filled with luggage would cause the truck to hit the bumpstops more then towing a 4500 trailer/car. Maybe since there is more weight over the rear axles on the recent road trip then tounge weight with the trailer when its loaded?

-Gary

The tongue weight of your trailer with the car loaded on it is less than the weight of the people plus gear.

My07hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blackburbon09 what size tires are you running? Any issues with the front tires rubbing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman