Drop shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fausto

Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone! So Im running in to a lil conflict on what I can do to drop the rear of my truck to level out with the front. I running belltech lowering keys, and 5305 coils with shock extenders and stock shocks. Can anyone give a good idea on what i can do to drop the rear a couple of inches with out changing the coils again? I was thinking of the belltech drop 2 shocks, but idk if that will help... Thanks for the help

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone! So Im running in to a lil conflict on what I can do to drop the rear of my truck to level out with the front. I running belltech lowering keys, and 5305 coils with shock extenders and stock shocks. Can anyone give a good idea on what i can do to drop the rear a couple of inches with out changing the coils again? I was thinking of the belltech drop 2 shocks, but idk if that will help... Thanks for the help

you can cut the coils the 5305 have dead coils. also did you cut the bumpstop bracket off the frame yet? you need to do that if you dont truck will be sitting on bumpstops and wont sit lower

OP
OP
Fausto

Fausto

Reaction score
No I havent cut the bumpstops yet but will as soon as i drop those two inches, as of now it doesnt hit yet. I am trying to avoid cut off the coils because idk where to cut and i dont wanna mess them up.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How old are the springs the 5305 newer version lowers the 00-06 almost 5 inches. If its not hitting the rear bumpstops then you prob dont have the 5305 newer version in (old version did about 3.5)

also the coils you cut are easy to see its from the side thats touching now i did a how to on this.

OP
OP
Fausto

Fausto

Reaction score
They are probably the old version because they do say 5305. They do hit but only when i have a lot of people in the back or when i go fast over speed bumps. Ok ill check out your how to thread because i have been trying to lower it for some time now

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can pop off shocks to see if its keeping it up also. with 305 40 22 and the new version 5305 with the djm hardware kit and shorter belltech shocks it usually sits at 33.25-33.5 from ground to fenderlip in rear.

OP
OP
Fausto

Fausto

Reaction score
I think ill stick with my belltech coils which ill probably cut, since im on budget. But what shorter belltech shocks do you recommend?

OP
OP
Fausto

Fausto

Reaction score
Shit, i dont know wtf i was looking at but the the truck is actually seating on the bumpstops. Will it drop anymore when i cut them off?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question, if a truck had NO springs installed, and you put the weight down.......the only thing holding the truck up is the bumpstops? Yes?..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA