DRL Housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeneralNoobzor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to take this apart? Can you bake it like how you bake headlights and the glue melts and you can just peel the lense off?

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually all the other lights are sealed with a hard glue and not a pliable urethane. i doubt very very seriously u can get them apart w/o cutting them apart. i know the lights on a C5 corvette had to be cut apart as do tail lights on a tundra etc....

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually all the other lights are sealed with a hard glue and not a pliable urethane. i doubt very very seriously u can get them apart w/o cutting them apart. i know the lights on a C5 corvette had to be cut apart as do tail lights on a tundra etc....

When I looked at my STOCK drl housings it looked like they were sealed with the same stuff as the headlights are sealed with. Wanna wager $5 on it Chad?

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well. crap. u are going to make me get off my butt and get our stock ones out of the garage and heat them up and see arent ya? dammit.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah. Get off your butt and bake em! How badly do you want my 5 bucks? Let me know what the result is, lol!