Driver's seat movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Scottdog

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are the pictures. The first one is in the normal position, second one when I have grabbed the seat and pulled up:

img0652sy.jpg

img0653v.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
As I see it the problem appears to be on the right side of chair. The cross tube in the front look to be twisting when the seat is pulled up which to me it looks like it pivot function is still there but the mechanism that raises the left side is not attached internally, broke inside the gear box that moves that cross bar. I think when you pull it up and down and watch the bar on the right side of seat move you will see that the bar moves but the rest of the right side components don't. At that point I don't think it is repairable. You would have to replace the motor gearbox assembly.

OP
OP
Scottdog

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As you are looking at the picture, the driver's door is on the right. So, youre saying that the motor that makes the front of the seat raise is bad?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
When facing forward the motor/gearbox assembly is on the right side of chair. I see the pictures you posted of the left side where you see the big movement. What I am saying is I think the actual broken part is in the gearbox itself or just outside it as show below in the red box. Not really the motor itself, however I don't think you can replace just part of it last time I looked at the parts list. I believe is is only available as one complete unit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo