Driver's seat movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. First-time poster here.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with the driver side full electric seat moving up and down on the door side of the seat. I can see where its moving and my mech said that its suppose to move there so the front of the seat can be raised, but its moving every time I accelerate or brake?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:

Moving like how much.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I could under stand a little play but you say it like it is a lot more that.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

any chance of pics?

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

And the seat too:)

OP
OP
Scottdog

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only about two or so inches, but its enough to annoy me... lol

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The hell with that, you must have broken a structure part, track, gearbox or seat bolts. About your mechanic.........................

OP
OP
Scottdog

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HAHA! I know how it reads, but if you actually LOOK at the spot where its moving, you can see that the movement SHOULD be happening, just not that much. Ill snap a picture of the place where its moving, yeah? Would that help?

OP
OP
Scottdog

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Easy, killer... :)

Here is the pic. The arrow shows where the movement is happening.

truckseat.jpg

Its normal for it to move, but not when you arent moving it with the controls....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not near my truck right now so can you get a pic of seat normally as if you were parked and one with with it moved? It is kind of hard tom make out with the pic above.

OP
OP
Scottdog

Scottdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You got it, man. It might take me a bit. That picture is with the seat in the normal position. Ill post the other soon. Thanks a lot for the help!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If there are no broken joint that you can see. I am thinking a motor controlled link in the motor assembly broke letting the linkage for that side to go up and down freely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo