Driver's Seat Memory Lapse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's seat keeps crawling backwards by about 1/2 inch every time I lock or unlock the doors. It does it with both controllers.

If I can't do that, is there a way to turn off the memory so that it won't adjust anymore and just leave it set where it is?

OP
OP
W

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry. It is a 2005 Yukon Denali. No, I don't have the easy exit option turned on. This is from the keyless entry remote. I can stand there and lock/unlock the doors and watch the seat crawl back.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry. It is a 2005 Yukon Denali. No, I don't have the easy exit option turned on. This is from the keyless entry remote. I can stand there and lock/unlock the doors and watch the seat crawl back.

I have an '04 SLT and it does have the easy exit feature, so I would assume your '05 Denali does as well.

I think you can program this on the instrument cluster and possibly turn it off there in your vehicle settings.

Check the manual.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds more like your remote is keyed to either memory position 1 or 2.

Open the door and press button 1 and/or button 2 on the door and see if the seat does the same thing. If it does, you've found the culprit. Get the seat where you like it, then save it into that memory button.

OP
OP
W

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds more like your remote is keyed to either memory position 1 or 2.

Open the door and press button 1 and/or button 2 on the door and see if the seat does the same thing. If it does, you've found the culprit. Get the seat where you like it, then save it into that memory button.

The easy exit feature is turned off. I agree with you that it is resetting to the memory position for the remote, but the seat for some reason always thinks it should be about 1/2 inch behind where it is. I can stand outside the vehicle, lock and unlock the doors through a few cycles and watch the drivers seat crawl backwards.

Not a big deal to move the seat back forward and reset the memory, but should I really have to do this every 10 times I get in the car?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts