driver window and washer pump ? 99 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driver window will not operate and washer pump is inop as well. are these two related in some way? I just replaced the master window switch with a new dorman unit and still nothing. I made sure there was washer fluid. I checked fuse 11 , nothing wrong. I just replaced the door speaker, but didn't fiddle with anything else.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

ok , so I guess the washer pump just decided to work. however I still don't have a driver window operation. the truck is clean and the inside of the door / window assembly was corrosion free. the window was operating strong until the other day. would a motor just up and quit like that?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It can if the brushes are screwy in the motor. Tell me this, with the vehicle sitting there and key on does the volt gauge drop or otherwise move when you hit the window switch?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well they must be very energy efficient. get a voltmeter and remove the door panel and check the voltage on the motor when depressing the switch.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok , i took the door apart this afternoon. I unplugged the wiring at the motor and probed while somebody worked the switch. I got 12v on both sides of the switch - up / down. so I guess the motor just decided to crap? the whole assembly looks brand new and isn't caught up on anything. seems to be original with the rivets. does the replacement come as a bolt in? or do I have to re-rivet. I guess this is another 80 bucks at rock auto:emotions133:

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered ACDELCO # 11A62 {#19251421 from rock auto. $92 with shipping. cant wait to tackle this one

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update.... went out in the truck today and miraculously the window was working! don't know what gremlin was living in the door , but he decided to skip town. my new motor / regulator just got here today as well. guess a few bucks return shipping is better than $92.
cant explain it , im just accepting it!:party52:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotwell69

Latest posts