Driver door ajar warning / alarm!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maestro7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2004 GMC Yukon Denali XL has been relatively problem free, until yesterday.

The Driver door ajar alarm (incessant beeping!)/message comes up on the speedometer computer even though I am 100% sure the door is fully shut. This annoying beeping makes driving the car near impossible.

Is there a fuse I can remove to disable this warning/alarm? Or really anything else I can do?

I am supposed to drive a 1000 miles next week and am horrified to think I will have to do it with the alarm beeping.

Thank you.

Matt

dblover1327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 GMC Yukon Denali XL has been relatively problem free, until yesterday.

The Driver door ajar alarm (incessant beeping!)/message comes up on the speedometer computer even though I am 100% sure the door is fully shut. This annoying beeping makes driving the car near impossible.

Is there a fuse I can remove to disable this warning/alarm? Or really anything else I can do?

I am supposed to drive a 1000 miles next week and am horrified to think I will have to do it with the alarm beeping.

Thank you.

Matt
Sounds like the BCM or it can be the sensor in the door that went bad

OP
OP
M

maestro7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a fuse I can take out of the bcm to make the beeping stop? Thanks.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not try this is the correct (pre 2007) forum section?

dblover1327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a fuse I can take out of the bcm to make the beeping stop? Thanks.

not that i know off. You don't want to mess with the bcm. It controls everything in your car except the engine. Its like the main frame of the car lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz