Double DIN dash kit interference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshh385

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello - I recently installed a Pioneer 8000Nex in my '11 yukon. I used the Metra dash kit. Everything works and fits, but it seems like the kit is a little tight around the face of the radio and the motorized face struggles against it a bit. Has anyone else seen this? Or used a different kit that maybe isn't an issue?

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't take my .02 for gospel but I think you might have to shave (file) some plastic off the area where it's sticking.

OP
OP
J

joshh385

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't take my .02 for gospel but I think you might have to shave (file) some plastic off the area where it's sticking.

I was wondering about that. Easy enough to do I suppose. Thought I would check to see if there was another kit out there someone had more success with, but if I have to mod this one it's no big deal.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to leave the 4 bolts around the head unit a little loose. That way when you put on the trim panel, the radio is allowed to center itself. You might get a little touching, but nothing bad enough to cause the face to fail open/close

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^this and...
You need to leave the 4 bolts around the head unit a little loose. That way when you put on the trim panel, the radio is allowed to center itself. You might get a little touching, but nothing bad enough to cause the face to fail open/close

^^this

I had to do both when installing my Pioneer DD

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 pioneer dd in my Tahoe with the metra kit with no problems. The current one is a avic z120bt. That being said I have a 8000nex still in the box that is going in the Tahoe just haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully there will be no fitment issues.

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 pioneer dd in my Tahoe with the metra kit with no problems. The current one is a avic z120bt. That being said I have a 8000nex still in the box that is going in the Tahoe just haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully there will be no fitment issues.

I'll put it in my Suburban for ya and let you know if there are any fitment issues . :yaoface2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmly

Latest posts