Double DIN almost done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks bad@ss. I'm gonna change the stocker out soon & have been researching some ideas & how to's.

There are plenty of write-ups on how to do these. Some people used the install kit (in order to move the HVAC down), some who didnt care and used the HVAC as a mounting plate. Just make sure you take your measurements, and cut carefully, I f'd up and cut a tab out. So now I have a dry wall screw with a cover on it holding part of my cover secure.

By far the worst experience I ever had, and I waisted $100 on the install kit that was not needed. The kit is for a 7" screen which he failed to mention. If its smaller there is no need for it.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

BLack95 and other have successfully installed a DD kit 7" screen with HVAC in OEM place, just look at the pics, as it is resting. Its all visual preference.