Door issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanda35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased this 2020 Tahoe Premier July 25. I am reading the owners manual and trying the different things as I read along. So I got to the part where I can go into Settings & customize things to my taste. One of the things I did was set up the lift gate to operate by kick on open/close. It worked one day, now all that happens is the tailights just flash 4 times. All other buttons to lift the gate work fine (ceiling button, FOB, and rear handle button. Is there something I might have done to disable that feature? I went into settings and it is still where I programmed it "On Open/Close".

The other issue, I cannot unlock any of the doors except with the FOB. Again, yesterday, if I touched the rear door handle button, all doors would open or if I touched the front door handle button once, the drivers door would open & if I touched twice, all doors would open.

I am a bit baffled, but this truck is so new to me, maybe there is something I am just missing.

Short of going in & doing a reset on settings, which I see is an option, not sure what to do.
(UPDATE) ~~ after watching a brief video it turns out if you press lock & unlock on the FOB, it somehow turns off the capability to unlock any of the doors from the outside. I inadvertently had done that a couple days ago. So following the video instructions, I pressed those two buttons together again, listened for the lock actuators to work, and voila, everything back to normal)

Thanks, group.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts