DOes anybody have amp install pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see how & where you guys installed your amps? I was also wondering why do some people put a board under the amp? Is this just to bolt down or hide wires. Or does it serve another purpose like safety reason?

Currently this is what I have. Camera shows a liltle dusty down there.
DSC01783.jpg

Going to remove the RF and use the Alpine just not quite sure what position I will be putting it yet. Not sure if I like the red Monster RCA showing as it runs under the seat. I was running the RCA's from the passenger side because I was told I read that there could be noise interferance If I run the same side as amp wire.
DSC01785.jpg
DSC01784.jpg
DSC01786.jpg

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No pics, but installed mine in the same place. Except i have the rear capt. chairs. So one under one seat and the other under the other seat. I have a board under one of them, the guy installed that way it has support is what he said. and it hides the wires. Mine are sideways on the rail covers, (that plastic that you have in the last pic all the way at the top, where you red wire is coming from.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mounting amps to boards or anything other than the floorboard, chassis, or metal parts of the vehicle help eliminate ground loops and potential alternator whine. For simple amp installs, I'll usually use mdf underneath the carpet or panel then mount the amp to that.

Here's an amp rack I built a while back:
f83f3340.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounting amps to boards or anything other than the floorboard, chassis, or metal parts of the vehicle help eliminate ground loops and potential alternator whine. For simple amp installs, I'll usually use mdf underneath the carpet or panel then mount the amp to that.

Here's an amp rack I built a while back:
f83f3340.jpg

Dam that is a nice setup JK! Alternator wine you say. Shoot I guess Im gonna have to post pone this another week or pay someone to do it. I don't have the tools to be cutting boards and make it look nice. :Boo:

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
JK, quick question: Where's another place you'd recommend hiding an amp? I can't put it under the seat, since I'm going with 8s under the seat. Already have one amp in the back where the stock sub would go. Any thoughts?

Not trying to thread jack.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dam that is a nice setup JK! Alternator wine you say. Shoot I guess Im gonna have to post pone this another week or pay someone to do it. I don't have the tools to be cutting boards and make it look nice. :Boo:
thnx man. Hit me up in a PM. Maybe I can help out.
JK, quick question: Where's another place you'd recommend hiding an amp? I can't put it under the seat, since I'm going with 8s under the seat. Already have one amp in the back where the stock sub would go. Any thoughts?

Not trying to thread jack.
Is the amp too big to mount further forward of the other amp, near the wheel well?

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the ceiling.....lol
IMG_3612.gif

2 bxi2610D mono amps, and 2 6410 4 channel amps.............

lol, my bro and I built a completely new headliner out of fiberglass once and mounted two amps up there in his single cab Ranger. Never thought I'd see anyone else do that also.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like above, you dont want to screw into the metal that is why you would want to mount to a board. You could get a ground noise if not.

I have my monoblocks currently mounted on the enclosure and my dsc4125 (mids) & dsc480 (highs) are under the seat.
dscf26484048039.jpg

Old set up under the seat, but same idea.
dscf2186.jpg

@ Huck
you could mount an amp back where the jack and tire tools are inside that side panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700