DOD/AFM delete kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linetramp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a world of information on the internet pertaining to deleting the DOD/AFM system on my 07 tahoe, but I can't find anything on this site. Where are you guys talking about this mod, and oil consumption issues you guys are having.

I have 84K on the Tahoe and burn a quart everh 1500 miles or so. Dealer is on third upgrade, replacing the rings. They have replaced valve covers and installed a "shield" to reduce oil spray on the pistons.

P.S. I can't figure out where the signature update is on my profile.

OP
OP
L

linetramp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i picked up the Tahoe yesterday. I went back and talked to the mechanic that did the job about deleting the DOD. He said there was no need to replace the cam, lifters, rockers, and everything else. he said that with the oil guard in the oil pan, and new pistons and rings, the rings cant get clogged again, and all i need to do is use a tuner to remove it, so the high oil pressure isn't engaged in the 4 cylinder mode.

So now my question is, have any of you guys done this with a tuner, and if so, what one did you use and why?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackbear performance can delete it. Justin with Blackbear can do wonders with tuning your truck. I am not sure if he can adjust the oil pressure in 4cyl mode, but I know they can disable it completely so it runs on all 8 cylinders 100% of the time.

OP
OP
L

linetramp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks ScottyBoy, but most tuners can do it, I just can't believe on a forum like this there aren't at least a few people that have done this mod. It's a very common mod with performance gm cars.
On a side note, why would i send my comp to a guy in SD when i can buy a programmer to add different power levels, and return to stock whenever i wanted? I can get 20hp with a tuner and 89 octane. Is the Black Bear tuner more hp? From what i can find on this and his site, he uses EFI live, that anyone can buy.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DOD and AFM can most certainly be deleted with the proper software, and we do so when it is requested.

Most handhelds are limited in their functionality, and not many have access to the DOD/AFM tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123