Do our 99 Yukon SLT's have 2 heater cores??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay some of you know i've been having major heating issues, I took sunclitcomet advice and ran the hoses directly to the firewall therefore removing the heater shut-off valve and still no heat, so I am going to change the heater core next and was looking on the autozone site and it lists a 'front' heater core and a 'rear' heater core, wtf? The site shows the exact diagram/location for both so I am unclear on which one to get the front or rear, both have different part #'s too...anyone had to buy one? Is it as easy to replace as some people say as far as going under the glove box behind the heater cores black plastic casing? or is it really necessary to drop the entire dash? :wtf:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1999-GMC-Yukon-4WD/Heater-Core/_/N-jd24xZ91sh1?filterByKeyWord=heater+core&fromString=search

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
In that case ignore the core and everything in the engine area. With ignition on engine of turn fan on lowest speed and move temp gauge back and forth. Do you here the motor directly below the dash moving at all.

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case ignore the core and everything in the engine area. With ignition on engine of turn fan on lowest speed and move temp gauge back and forth. Do you here the motor directly below the dash moving at all.

Okay im gonna do that this morning, am I listening for the temperature blend door?...will see if i hear anything...

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took sunclitcomet advice and ran the hoses directly to the firewall therefore removing the heater shut-off valve and still no heat

Technically that was my suggestion, you made 2 posts, my post #3 suggested removing the vacuum operated valve. Sunlit didn't suggest it until 21 posts later on page 3.

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically that was my suggestion, you made 2 posts, my post #3 suggested removing the vacuum operated valve. Sunlit didn't suggest it until 21 posts later on page 3.

Lol, yea I see now but I appreciate everyones input, just kinda remember sunlitcomet name better thats all..but it didnt work so Im gonna try somethin else today...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score

:chair:

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Lol, yea I see now but I appreciate everyones input, just kinda remember sunlitcomet name better thats all..but it didnt work so Im gonna try somethin else today...

:favorites37:

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay im gonna do that this morning, am I listening for the temperature blend door?...will see if i hear anything...

Okay, checked to hear something and when I turn the dial to cold I can hear it "click'' but can't hear anything when I turn it to hot(to the right)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you mean motor click or knob click. you don't here a servo motor or door moving around? make sure engine is off but key on and fan on low speed to hear better. you got a multimeter around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GKasey