Do auto dealers have to give you online price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

So I’m getting a new drivers side bottom seat cover and top seat cover. They are quoting me ( Chevy) at $840 with both leather parts. However I can get the same parts/ top and bottom seat covers with cushion thrown in for $ $513. Not including shipping. Which is high.

Does the dealer (Chevy) have to honor the online Chevy price? They are quoting $1300 with bottom seat cover and upper seat cover (leather) ebony with parts and labor and tax. I can stand to pay 1k but to save a few bucks is a good idea.

Thank
You.

Ahead of time.

Ken

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think if they advertised it, then they have to honor it. But, on the other hand, why don't you just look for a good used seat from an auto recycler? Probably $300 or so and then just bolt it in.

Car-parts.com

I've used them before. Just search by zip code if you find what you like, call up the place and haggle. Worked well for me

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried getting the covers (and cushion) from The Seat Shop? Or are you looking for a turnkey install?

A lot of times the online price has attached disclosures that require things to be purchased online to get that price. I know with NAPA you can purchase online and get that price, if you have it marked for pickup at your local store.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It looks like the seat shop is the clear winner. Keep in mind factory or aftermarket the seating surfaces are leather and the rest is pleather.

Get aftermarket and have a local upholstery shop install it for you. Keep the $1k dealer wants from you.

C86176C2-184F-4854-881F-FABC04F28C68.jpeg6B997989-FF6B-4B0D-9941-AFD433D446D7.jpeg

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think if they advertised it, then they have to honor it. But, on the other hand, why don't you just look for a good used seat from an auto recycler? Probably $300 or so and then just bolt it in.

Car-parts.com

I've used them before. Just search by zip code if you find what you like, call up the place and haggle. Worked well for me
B Reain thank you. Your link is a big help. I was not aware of such a site. I navigated rhe site and there is a lot to see. Again thank you.

Ken

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I made the purchase from the seat shop and now I’m looking to find an upholstery shop to install. I’m in Sacramento any ideas as what the cost of labor to install.

Thank you.

Ken

PaulClaymee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1k for 2 leather parts they definitely went crazy. It seems to me that if you look hard enough you can find used seats three times more expensive with Priceva. They might be a little beat up, but invest another $100 in them and they'll be as good as new.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a gm dealer note, it all depends on the parts guy. I believe they can't literally sell you parts at just about any cost the make up. lol. if I walk in on my off days, they won't budge. if I stop by on my way home from work looking like a mechanic and show them gm parts direct pricing on my phone, they have matched it all but once. we don't have any kind of account with them since the whole fleet is basically Ford based, but they will throw in whatever % needed to get there.

all I can say it make friends with mechanics if you wanna own old cars/trucks. it will save you a ton of money. the industry is designed to milk cash from little old lady's

I know a service writer that can upsell a little old lady a cabin filter on a 1 year old car for 60$ and sleep at night. cost on the filter is 7$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo