DIY coding of driver door switch module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojeho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What type of scan tool do I need to be able to code the door switch module myself? Sure I can take it to a dealer but I would rather use the excuse to buy a tool. I have coding software for my BMW. I have to believe there is a solution for GM also, but it doesn't seem to be as common.

OP
OP
R

rojeho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I don't like the buy-in price of the hardware, but I think it is great that they offer 2 day subscriptions. That's a viable option for those of us with limited needs.

PaulS63

Reaction score
What disturbs me is that in other countries, they offer a 1 hour subscription for 4 euros.
Why can't we get that deal in the US? I'd also like to see a rental option for the hardware interface, it's not something I'd need to use often.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to remove the door autolock feature this way?

PaulS63

Reaction score
Should be able to turn off autolock with the dic only, wouldn't need any extra equipment.
The tis2web is for flashing new modules, or reflashing existing modules with updated firmware

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to turn off the auto lock completely so the doors are always open.

PaulS63

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. They have tech2win, which basically duplicates the diagnostic functions of a gm tech2 and tis2web which allows you to flash the modules. So, anything the dealer can do should be available. But, they don't really describe all the capabilities in detail on the website. Maybe their tech support at acdelco could answer that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman