Disc Trailer Brakes and Integrated Brake Controller "workaround"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldtrucksrule

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm the new owner of a 2012 Yukon XL 2500. I purchased it to pull my Airstream travel trailer and my Airstream has electric over hydraulic disc brakes. It looks, from reading the owners manual, the ITBC may only be used for electric brakes. Has anyone had any experience with this and, if so, did you find a modification / repair? I really don't want to have to wire my Prodigy controller up, if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't electric over hydraulic disc or drum brakes the more common of the electronically controlled trailer brake setups? Even if it is not, I would expect that, unless there is a warning that I overlooked in the manual, there is no issue for the built in controller on the 2500 to control those brakes.

Rich Reno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the electric over hydraulic setup on your air scream will interface with the vehicle just like normal electric brakes. you shouldn't have an issue at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e