Difference's between 2007 Yukon Denali vs 2008 Yukon Denali XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07DenaliChi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
Dealer is claiming the motor is seized on my 07 Denali, Looking into buying a 08 Denali XL any major difference's between the two models?
Plaining to swap all aftermarket mods done to my 07 to the 08!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that there any major differences between the 2 model years. I believe that AFM was not activated (software) on the 6.2 motor in either year.

OP
OP
07DenaliChi

07DenaliChi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't believe that there any major differences between the 2 model years. I believe that AFM was not activated (software) on the 6.2 motor in either year.
I was also curious if i was able to flash the OEM nav unit to say denali like the newer models such as the 2012....

Reaction score
One is longer, lol.

Not sure what all mods you're talking about (engine, suspension, body, interior). That being said, engine and suspension should all be the same, as well as any exterior lighting.

Any rear floor mats won't fit correctly as the floor is stretched out more and actually has a step up under the front of the 3rd row, not a gradual incline like the SWB. There is also a bit more room between the back of the front seats and 2nd row.

Rear doors on XL are shaped differently (more squared) at the top rear, so if you have window vent visors the rears won't fit.

OP
OP
07DenaliChi

07DenaliChi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One is longer, lol.

Not sure what all mods you're talking about (engine, suspension, body, interior). That being said, engine and suspension should all be the same, as well as any exterior lighting.

Any rear floor mats won't fit correctly as the floor is stretched out more and actually has a step up under the front of the 3rd row, not a gradual incline like the SWB. There is also a bit more room between the back of the front seats and 2nd row.

Rear doors on XL are shaped differently (more squared) at the top rear, so if you have window vent visors the rears won't fit.
Before I posted I really was going to say besides the length lol.... But yes headlights and tailights similar to yours!
Also had a flow master 40 series installed right before she croaked..... LED interior lighting. LED plate light housings... honestly going to junk it bone stock lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
Dealer is claiming the motor is seized on my 07 Denali, Looking into buying a 08 Denali XL any major difference's between the two models?
Plaining to swap all aftermarket mods done to my 07 to the 08!
Nope. They're pretty much identical with the same L92. Exhaust will need to be lengthened, of course. And your 2nd row seats are different.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Bummer about the motor. What killed it?

08-09 both have the better front door cards, No AFM but has a TSB on the trans for a weak shift in lower gears you’ll want to check for.

Look for a right turn that goes up a hill and give a smooth take off with gradual acceleration. Feel for any hunting of the gears or slight missed shift.

The trans may already of been replaced. Glad to see you stay’n in the family with all of the other siblings hand me downs.

Oh yea … no difference between 07/08 except that extra foot hanging over the back wheels.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan