Detailing OEM Polished Aluminum Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rg33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To the detailing experts out there - I have a '23 Yukon XL with the 20" 6-spoke Polished Aluminum wheels. I was looking at the Adam's Polishes Wheel & Tire Cleaner instruction and it warns not to use on Raw or Polished Aluminum wheels. This seems like it refers to the old school aluminum wheels that had no protection. Does this apply to the OEM 2023 Polished Aluminum wheels GMC is putting out as well?

And if not Wheel & Tire Cleaner, what product should I use to clean the wheels? Ideally it'd be one single product for both wheel and tires but I understand if that product doesn't exist.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Meguires cleaner wax I think the bottle has #6 on label. Use it on my wheels and also on finish on vehicle.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
To the detailing experts out there - I have a '23 Yukon XL with the 20" 6-spoke Polished Aluminum wheels. I was looking at the Adam's Polishes Wheel & Tire Cleaner instruction and it warns not to use on Raw or Polished Aluminum wheels. This seems like it refers to the old school aluminum wheels that had no protection. Does this apply to the OEM 2023 Polished Aluminum wheels GMC is putting out as well?

And if not Wheel & Tire Cleaner, what product should I use to clean the wheels? Ideally it'd be one single product for both wheel and tires but I understand if that product doesn't exist.
Mequires detailer series red bottle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts