Depo projectors, pre-retro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eli B

Eli B

Reaction score
Good. I'm glad you like your depos. I have to make a couple corrections here. The lens is not actually glass. The lens on projector itself is, but not on the housing. Also there is a substantial amount of improvement with a true retrofit. Not just slight. I have a pair of depo denali projectors, mini h1, fusion fogs, and acura tls. By far the worst usable output is the depos. Now they are way better than factory reflectors...

Also if you retrofit mini h1 you gain bixenon.

Hey thanks for the insight. I hope I didn't sound against a retrofit, I actually bought these as donors but was impressed when I first installed them. I'm putting together a parts list for my ret. project right now. I'm looking at the morimoto mini h1's, but I'm not sure if I need units with a full metal enclosure like the rx and tsx units. Also I'm not sure how to hook up the bixenon function.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread to read through. I just went with depo denali projector look alikes and I'm very happy with them. My only major complaint as of yet is that the lows and highs don't adjust separately from the whole housing itself. My aftermarket halo housings adjusted inside the housing and the housing itself stayed stationary which is really nice. I like that compared to where my depo housing moves instead of the bulbs. But the trade off is that the depo housing itself fits perfectly in the stock mounting bracket which is aweosme. My aftermarket housings were made cheap and had tiny little tabs that were not very stable on the mounting brackets and the lenses were slightly smaller than the opening for the housing. Irritated the heck out of me.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try the HIR bulbs in both high and low on these?

MikeW

Reaction score
Hot my depots today. Couple of quick questions....where do the ping pong balls go? Also, I put LEDs in, but the high beams do not 'click in'. Does anyone know when LED high beam bulbs for these depots? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21