Dash display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Govtahoe

Reaction score
As the username suggests, I have an old government Tahoe. Not sure what it was used for but I'm assuming something to do with law enforcement. My back windows don't roll down using the rear controls. Which I really don't mind. Recently though, I was scrolling through the options on my display in the gauge cluster and noticed info I hadn't seen before. One came up showing me the pressure in each tire, one showing my current oil life remaining, and one asking to relearn the remote but now all those options are gone. I had never seen them before, it usually only shows: odo, trip, and trans temp. When I first got the truck I posted in the forum about the back windows not working and somebody mentions re-flashing the CPU at the dealership, or something along those lines. Is there a way to get back all of that useful info and possibly more? And being able to roll down my windows from the back seat would be a bonus. Thanks for taking the time to read all this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I would rather let yall tell me than have some guy at the dealership try to screw me over and charge me a fortune for a simple fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know for the remote relearn you have to have your parking brake on.

OP
OP
Govtahoe

Govtahoe

Reaction score
I'm just at a loss here. Since I've posted this those options have yet to reappear. Tried the parking brake, just ignition on, and even tried scrolling through multiple times while driving and parked. No idea. I would take it to the dealer but being 19 they would expect me to bend over and take whatever they say needs to happen. I guess I'll just go on without them.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the username suggests, I have an old government Tahoe. Not sure what it was used for but I'm assuming something to do with law enforcement. My back windows don't roll down using the rear controls. Which I really don't mind. Recently though, I was scrolling through the options on my display in the gauge cluster and noticed info I hadn't seen before. One came up showing me the pressure in each tire, one showing my current oil life remaining, and one asking to relearn the remote but now all those options are gone. I had never seen them before, it usually only shows: odo, trip, and trans temp. When I first got the truck I posted in the forum about the back windows not working and somebody mentions re-flashing the CPU at the dealership, or something along those lines. Is there a way to get back all of that useful info and possibly more? And being able to roll down my windows from the back seat would be a bonus. Thanks for taking the time to read all this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I would rather let yall tell me than have some guy at the dealership try to screw me over and charge me a fortune for a simple fix.

There's a switch on your driver door panel (armrest) to disable rear window control. It's likely on "lock"

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to play with the dic (driver information center) buttons some more. There is not a way for those items to disappear without other failures on the truck. Drive to the dealer, be nice, ask one of the service advisors to show you what the buttons do on the dic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daily Bread