Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors with Ceramic Pads GREAT BUY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, i think even summit brand drilled rotors are atleast $75 a piece.
Gotta say im a little apprehensive about the drill holes getting road salt during the winter. Ive heard a few people complain about little fracture lines coming from the holes although i dont kno if theyre anything more than cosmetic

I went with Napa heavy duty drilled/slotted rotors and ran them all winter through brine, salt, etc. 11k miles on them and not a hint of a fracture anywhere.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just had to slam on the brakes today :(, she stopped effortlessly (if thats a word), I need my rears replaced (defenitely sank my balls into my stomach. My destination was 2
minutes away. When I go out of the truck, smelt something burning. I think its was my brakes? Popped the hood saw nothing, and even re-started the truck and no overheating issues at all.

ewheelin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad I did a bit of research here first. I was just going to put ceramic pads on the truck with stock rotors, but the rotors are a bit warped so I need to replace them anyway. I had cross drilled slotted rotors on my 96 Silverado that I just sold, and the braking difference over stock was very obvious. I use hand controls, so you really appreciate the difference in the amount of pressure needed for a panic stop, also probably a couple of car lengths shorter stopping distance. I ordered mine last night. (The cost was about half of what the Silverado brakes cost me 5 years ago) Thanks for the info!
Shel

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I did a bit of research here first. I was just going to put ceramic pads on the truck with stock rotors, but the rotors are a bit warped so I need to replace them anyway. I had cross drilled slotted rotors on my 96 Silverado that I just sold, and the braking difference over stock was very obvious. I use hand controls, so you really appreciate the difference in the amount of pressure needed for a panic stop, also probably a couple of car lengths shorter stopping distance. I ordered mine last night. (The cost was about half of what the Silverado brakes cost me 5 years ago) Thanks for the info!
Shel

Your welcome I LOVE THEM! I was so happy to get them and install them I forgot to take pic of the installtion and of the parts before I threw them on.

Here is a few pics of them installed.

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUMP: Anyone used the BrakeMotive kits recently?

For $250 you can get 4 drilled and slotted rotors and new ceramic pads. All the reviews are exceptional. I know it's cheap, but sometimes a good deal is just that, a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-ALL-MODELS-REAR-ROTORS-ONLY-EXCLUDES-DRUM-/290701374575

Im needing to order something today. Thanks

You posted in the wrong section as we have drums in the rear. I am also going on the fact of your Pro Pic.

NICE HOE AND IT IS GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE USING THE SEARCH BUTTON INSTEAD OF SOMEONE CREATING A THREAD THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AND AT TIMES BEATEN TO DEATh!

:beer:

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered the drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads on ebay
but i took them off in 8 months got tired of the rumbling when braking they did improve braking.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rumbling?

Mine squeaked for a bit and then went away. No matter what I need bigger brakes to accommodate the biggers rims and 6.0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillstrubl