Cracked 5.3. What now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedlsx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well my 5. 3 is done. Not a huge issue just wasnt planning on a motor yet so ive looked around a bit with no luck anyone run a 6.0 bored with a supercharger just looking for tips so i dont bore to much or boost to much ive been know to bush my luck. This is a daily driver never tow with it charger will be intercooled with meth

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well my 5. 3 is done. Not a huge issue just wasnt planning on a motor yet so ive looked around a bit with no luck anyone run a 6.0 bored with a supercharger just looking for tips so i dont bore to much or boost to much ive been know to bush my luck. This is a daily driver never tow with it charger will be intercooled with meth
Damn! That sux. But you know that old saying, when you get lemons, make lemonade! That's kind of how my build started. Do your research and build it bigger and badder! That's what we do around here! Good luck. :happy107::waytogo:
And here's a popcorn for everything that's coming. :popcorn:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just beware that if you build too much HP your 4l60e trans will probably fail unless you either build it too or do an 80e swap. 4l60e's aren't strong by any means.

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont waste your time/money building a 60e especially in a 5000+ pound vehicle that you are planning to boost.

go 80e with a shift kit and a converter and never worry about it.

tuning is the biggest thing with these engines. the sloppy mechanics youtube page guys just did almost 900hp through a 250k mile junkyard 6.0 and a junkyard 80e with a converter and shift kit.

im sure you will be fine at 500ish hp you are going to see with a supercharger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700