Corsa Sport Installed today! Major let down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brbohica

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I was looking forward to getting my Corsa Sport Rear exit 14884 installed today, Everything was going well, until I noticed the guys looking through the box. Asked what was going on, said I was missing a flange for the front. Well they put one on for me. So moving along, now they are done. Went to start it up and I was like what the hell!! Sounded like stock with a little bit of a rumble. The rev'd it up and I was like no friggen way. It sounds like the Touring exhaust. Not for sure what it sounds like going down the road other than I cant hear the darn thing in the cab. Called Corsa and they want me to send pics of the exhaust, said sometimes they install them upside down which messes up the sound. Definitely not a Corsa Fan.. Thought I got a good deal with Auto Anything doing a price match with another website. Should have went the Magnaflow.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard the Corsa in person on SuperchargedSS' truck, definitely more noticeable on the outside than 'stock with a little rumble' ... what you're describing is more akin to a res delete/tip swap than a full catback swap. Weird.

OP
OP
B

brbohica

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its a 2012 model. I got the whole setup. They was no resonator on this kit. The other thing I dont like is that the rear tips and pipe doesnt have a hangar. There is one closer the axle but you can move the tips

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

And listening to the two exhausts on the corsa site, mine sounds more like the touring. The tech said to drive it a day or two and let the suet start fill in and let the muffler break in.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Maybe they packaged wrong and you got touring. Seen this happen many times in the mechanic world

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These don't really break in........ all steel. No packing. Helmholtz chamber concept.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

How does it sound WOT?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brbohica

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds good to me.

I though the whole point of the Corsa exhausts was that one doesn't get drone inside the vehicle.

Me thinks expectations are more the issue here than the exhaust itself.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy moses those tips stick out too much! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWoolf777