Coolant leak at rear of engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roediger04tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased 04 Tahoe. Today noticed coolant leaking at rear of engine on right side even when not running. Can not pinpoint leak. What I've read on internet leads me to believe intake manifold gaskets or freeze plugs. Any other suggestions??

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Just did this too. There may be two, use a rag or something under them to see which one is leaking. Hard too get off! I would get the genuine gm p art. I swapped mine out with the doorman and it leaked worse!

Nate_87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mines leaking from the rear of the engine also. I'm hoping it's the same problem. I'll check it out in the morning.

wilb3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its called a T-connector by Doorman I believe. The part should run less than $20@ many parts warehouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Trust me but the GM PART you can get it for fort $13 online, cheaper than the $20-22 at local shops for the doorman part. AND IT WONT LEAK LIKE DORMAN

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably already know this, but the a/c condensate water also comes out on the rear of engine, passenger side.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine all late fall last year used the Dorman ones and they are still working just fine. You have to lube the orings BEFORE you go shoving them onto the heater core inlet and outlet! I just used some 5w-30 a very light coat. The quick connect tees can be had cheap on rockauto.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaked also. Plus there is a coolant steam port block-off (on the cylinder head) that will leak as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo