Constant Blinking Snowflake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SirGeorgio

SirGeorgio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Other members will chime in with more help. Too bad you don't know what the pressures are when it malfunctions. Did the tech have gauges on it when he checked it out? He should have.

OP
OP
SirGeorgio

SirGeorgio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Other members will chime in with more help. Too bad you don't know what the pressures are when it malfunctions. Did the tech have gauges on it when he checked it out? He should have.
Yes, he did he said pressures were normal and stable, no leaks and the scanner he used showed everything was normal when the ac was blowing. It did pop a code for the Low ac pressure switch and we changed that. Code never returned. But yet still left with the same results. Thank you for responding!! I appreciate it alot!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it in the shop and at this point even im puzzled we changed the Low Pressure Ac Pressure switch, and ambient sensors! He pressured tested it and used UV light and checked every corner of the car regarding the ac system!

So what did the Tech-2 say? You cannot diagnose these things properly without one or its equivalent. @91RS

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This system is NOT supposed to be using the low pressure switch to cycle the clutch.

Thats why there are discharge temp sensors and a sensor in the evaporator. The control head is in full control on this one.

So... if you're getting a low pressure trip code then that means at some point during your drive, the suction pressure is getting too low. Was the system thoroughly evacuated with a new drier installed? You probably have moisture thats freezing inside the system or a partially plugged metering device. You said it happens at 65mph aka highway speeds yes?

I say evacuate because some dudes think putting a vacuum on an AC system for 5 mins is good enough when that is very much not the case

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SirGeorgio

SirGeorgio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, he did he said pressures were normal and stable, no leaks and the scanner he used showed everything was normal when the ac was blowing. It did pop a code for the Low ac pressure switch and we changed that code never returned. But yet still left with the same results. Thank you for responding!! I appreciate it alot!
This system is NOT supposed to be using the low pressure switch to cycle the clutch.

Thats why there are discharge temp sensors and a sensor in the evaporator. The control head is in full control on this one.

So... if you're getting a low pressure trip code then that means at some point during your drive, the suction pressure is getting too low. Was the system thoroughly evacuated with a new drier installed? You probably have moisture thats freezing inside the system or a partially plugged metering device. You said it happens at 65mph aka highway speeds yes?

I say evacuate because some dudes think putting a vacuum on an AC system for 5 mins is good enough when that is very much not the case

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
All that was done to the SUV was the sensors. Low pressure, Ac Pressure, and ambient sensors aswell. Everything works when it does hence why I didn’t suggest parts being replaced. Now I did put AC PRO so maybe then possible moisture?? but when it does work it works. I’ll suggest an evac of the system when I take it back cause this is out my area of expertise. :( When I was driving it this afternoon yes 65mph I noticed it was starting to blink and turn warm then when I parked it to reply to the forum it started to return to normal not fast but was getting there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SirGeorgio

SirGeorgio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what did the Tech-2 say? You cannot diagnose these things properly without one or its equivalent. @91RS
Never saw the Tech II info but everyone there has confirmed that everything is normal and doesn’t give a red flag. They attempted and studied the car to see what triggers something like this cause it’s at random! When it does happen I watch the compressor clutch turn and stop constantly like something is tripping it if that makes sense! But the snowflake is either solid or randomly blinking either or I have a video but I can’t post it on here!

Last edited:

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never saw the Tech II info but everyone there has confirmed that everything is normal and doesn’t give a red flag. They attempted and studied the car to see what triggers something like this cause it’s at random! When it does happen I watch the compressor clutch turn and stop constantly like something is tripping it if that makes sense! But the snowflake is either solid or randomly blinking either or I have a video but I can’t post it on here!
Might be the Ambient air temp sensor/sensors because you have the intelligent climate control.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024

Latest posts