Comment on price for this system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strip5150

Reaction score
Pioneer Avic z120 new with steering wheel control adapter, onstar adapter, bypassed unit, and rear view camera installed for $1599 at local dealer and 1650 at al and eds. Any comments are greatly welcomed

Also side note today on way back from pricing my speedometer did not read any speed while I was driving. After waiting 5 min with car off and restarting it went back to normal. Anyone had this problem before and is it a sign of bad things to come?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would say the $1599-$1650 is a fair price considering the unit alone is atleast $1300-1400 of it.
As for the second, you may have some electrical issues is the future..

Just to let you know, the Z130BT will start being sold in about two months.

OP
OP
S

Strip5150

Reaction score
whats the difference between the 130 and 120, and will the 120 be able to be upgraded as teh 110 was to the 120?

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pioneer Avic z120 new with steering wheel control adapter, onstar adapter, bypassed unit, and rear view camera installed for $1599 at local dealer and 1650 at al and eds. Any comments are greatly welcomed

Also side note today on way back from pricing my speedometer did not read any speed while I was driving. After waiting 5 min with car off and restarting it went back to normal. Anyone had this problem before and is it a sign of bad things to come?

I know when we had a NBS Denali and took it through a car wash, the speedometer went all the way around and went between N and D on the gear selector. I would've broken the land speed record if it was correct...

Maybe the NNBS have problems too.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
whats the difference between the 130 and 120, and will the 120 be able to be upgraded as teh 110 was to the 120?

There is barely a dfference but yeah I bet it will be upgradable in the future.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The difference is stupid ******* marketing gimmicks by Pioneer instead of USEFUL updates the pioneer community would like. EX: MAP updates, nav UI updates, and simple tools that ****** cheap hand held navs come with but are useful (ex: POI By nearest exit). With that said, it comes with Aha radio which is speech to text (AKA useless) for Twitter/Facebook, and nav commands. Also it will come with a new interface for data/nav traffic to replace the MSN Direct Tuner that ends at the beginning of 2012.

For your second question, yes it will upgrade because again, the hardware did NOT change (3rd year pioneer..come on now!) so it has been confirmed that it will in fact go from Z120BT (firmware 2.0) to Z130BT (firmware 3.0). SO, since I updated from 1.0 to 2.0 firmware on my z110bt, then I will still be eligible for this upcoming update.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I would say the $1599-$1650 is a fair price considering the unit alone is atleast $1300-1400 of it.
As for the second, you may have some electrical issues is the future..

Just to let you know, the Z130BT will start being sold in about two months.

The cheapest route is getting a Z110BT and updating the firmware to make it IDENTICAL to the Z120BT. Then when Z130BT is released, you can get an add-on piece (similar to msn direct tuner using the same port and naming scheme) for live traffic/etc. and get the firmware update to make it identical to the "newly" released Z130BT... I keep up on avic411.com forums :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I have all of the above. I spent right around 1500 for all that scouring the internet for the best deals, which includes everything listed above plus a wiring harness and a dash kit. Screen was from amazon.com and used the 200$ rebate at the time.

Last edited:

ptwat

Reaction score
The z130bt apparently (if their website is accurate) has a HD radio tuner built-in, the 110 and 120 do not.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Pioneer Avic z120 new with steering wheel control adapter, onstar adapter, bypassed unit, and rear view camera installed for $1599 at local dealer and 1650 at al and eds. Any comments are greatly welcomed...

Al & Ed's are Pioneer authorized dealers, so your warranty would be valid.

Speaking of Al & Ed's, they will price match anything on the internet- all you have to do is send them the link you want them to match. I got a z120bt for half what you are quoting doing that (I installed it myself however).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jorge_vh