College Student, New TaHoe. Pics and Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently 19 years old and a proud new owner of a '04 Tahoe LT. I have been saving for 2 years to make a down payment high enough to lower the bill to a range I can easily afford. I just wanted to say Hi to all of you and show some pics of my Hoe. So far I have added a new Billet Grill, Handel and gas cap. As soon as my fiances allow me, I'm going to add my (2) Alpine Type-R 12s.

Pics:

HoeFront2.jpg

HoeBack.jpg

HoeSide.jpg

Also, I am running an 9500i ****** Radar Detector and was wondering if anyone on here has "hard Wired" it into their Tahoe and has pics? I'm Interested in doing that.
Also, The Garmin nuvi fits perfectly in the Cubby hole!

hoeinside1.jpg

hoeinside2.jpg

Another front pic ha:

HoeFront.jpg

Any comments or info I should know about my Hoe? :hands:

PS: This is the system I'm Going to add to her:

009.jpg 007.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks good, I'd say smoke the light and windows and get a set of HIDs!

02TahoeMD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Kudos for building up a good down payment. A suggested mod - you can power your radar detector off of the wiring harness that is inside of the rear view mirror, I have seen the mod done before and it looks slick as all get out.

Nice ride. Welcome to the party.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Kudos for building up a good down payment. A suggested mod - you can power your radar detector off of the wiring harness that is inside of the rear view mirror, I have seen the mod done before and it looks slick as all get out.

Nice ride. Welcome to the party.

Any pictures and/or threads of this please? Thanks, I would do that soon if I saw more info on it

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats bro, sounds like you have a level head saving that down-payment!

BTW that paint looks clean as hell!

BOSS

02TahoeMD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hide your radar detector wire

Hi Guys
Glad to help much as I can....but all the info is coming off another forum so please forgive me. It is the first forum I ever joined and the one I know the best.

Here goes:

The main product that is referred to is called Invisicord. Cllick me for INVISICORD

Here is an install using an invisicord type of wiring job

And a discussion on the wiring and how to find the proper feed

This thread involves the complete disassembly of a radar detector and the mounting of it directly to the rear view mirror Perhaps a bit more challenging than a typical install but looks neat when done.

Taking down the center console to find a hot lead is fairly easy if you want to tap into there. Just undo the screw in the back and pull gently down on the console until it unclips, thus exposing the wiring harness.

You could also splice into your current wiring harness, splcing into it with zip wire, and the route the wire up the plastic clip assembly that runs from the rear view mirror to the headliner. Then stuff the wire up into the headliner, following the windshield to the A pillar, hide the wire down behind the A pillar plastic trim, and then route the wire up under the dash and over to the cig lighter outlets. Just an idea. Any other questions happy to try and help much as I can.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Congrats. You gotta throw some tail lights on the list too.

Recommend any certain sites to get the best ones? I heard a lot of problems with the LED ones with people losing control of cruise control, so I think I'll stay away from those.

Also, Does anyone recommend a site for upgrading my headlights to HIDs? Im very interested in doing this and would like to know the best site and/or ebay seller that others have gotten from and recommended.

Lastly, haha Same question as above but Cold Air Intake.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gator Aggie