cold air intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Volant is nice if you want the gains with slightly reduced noise since they use an aftermarket airbox assembly.

AEM is nice because it's less expensive and uses a dry filter, so no oil or any of that BS, just rinse and dry and put back on. It's a little more noisy though.

I'd go with AEM personally, as I like the added sound and the filter is slick. I'm pretty sure you can get a dry filter with the Volant too, but it's an extra option that adds cost to an already expensive setup.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The people I kno with AEM are more than happy with them and the price is good too, on mine I have a K&N 77 series with the chrome tube, picked it up 2 weeks old for $75 from a neighbor who's son got a DUI and they were sellin his silverado on him, don't think I would throw down the $300 or so K&N want for a new one but Im happy with it....... Just encourage underage drinking and get performance parts for cheap

OP
OP
coopiesb

coopiesb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah made up my mind aem it is.... volant i just didnt like the look of it to fancy plus its going to get paint mactched to the outside aem wins thanks for all the help

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You'll want the 21-8000DC hit me up if you want one cheap. Mine looks great colormatched

DSC01958.jpg

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Had a hekll of a time prepping it, polished tube is much more difficult to paint but I think it looks 10x better than when I first installed the system

IMG00192.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msheaner

Latest posts