Cold Air Intake Yukon 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atxnaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For any of you that have added them to your 07-14 Yukon Denali do they seem to make a difference? Do they create an improved/louder exhaust note? I've seen they bump the HP a bit, not much without a tune but would you recommend doing it? A Corsa Sport cat back is going on also.

bizrjr

Reaction score
Thinking about going with an Airaid Jr and Corsa sport myself on my 11 Denali. Deciding if I want to just do it or get a tune as well. Always worried about a tune messing up my PA inspection. I know with my mustang Gt the tune turned off my O2 sensors and it couldn't get ready for an inspection without loading the stock one and driving for a while.

kctyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a CAI and tune on my 6.2 Denali.

CAI makes it sound deeper and like it should. As for performance, didn't really notice anything.

Tune...YES, you will feel the difference.

I also took the resonator off and had a magnaflow tip welded in. Sounds perfect, just a tad different than stock.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

atxnaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a CAI and tune on my 6.2 Denali.

CAI makes it sound deeper and like it should. As for performance, didn't really notice anything.

Tune...YES, you will feel the difference.

I also took the resonator off and had a magnaflow tip welded in. Sounds perfect, just a tad different than stock.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Appreciate it, I'm trying to decide between the volant and airaid intakes.

OP
OP
A

atxnaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about going with an Airaid Jr and Corsa sport myself on my 11 Denali. Deciding if I want to just do it or get a tune as well. Always worried about a tune messing up my PA inspection. I know with my mustang Gt the tune turned off my O2 sensors and it couldn't get ready for an inspection without loading the stock one and driving for a while.

I worry about the same along with warranty, been looking into the black bear tune though.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If your vehicle passes inspection without a tune, it will pass with a tune.

bizrjr

Reaction score
If your vehicle passes inspection without a tune, it will pass with a tune.

In PA we have emissions testing during inspection as I'm sure most states do. Problem with tunes is that some tuners turn of o2 sensors and things so any kind of exhaust can run without throwing codes and such. I've had this problem with a mustang where it kept throwing codes that it wasn't ready for testing and the tune had to be unloaded and car driven for 100 miles before re test. Not a huge deal in the end but just annoying.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like the tuner didn't tune it properly. There should be no issues when done properly.

Sent from my fone.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^What she said! BlackBear does not disable the rear O2s, as far as I know. What I do know, is the vehicle will pass emissions inspections with a BB tune.

OP
OP
A

atxnaf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like the tuner didn't tune it properly. There should be no issues when done properly.

Sent from my fone.

Your customer service is excellent and for that I thank you. I've been emailing back and forth with BB and everyday I get closer to pulling the tune trigger, I'm just paranoid about my warranty. I know you can set back to stock for service however I read somewhere on the forums GM can read how many times you've reflashed/pull the computers tuning history. Decisions decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito