Code P0410, Air Injection System failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks exp been driving me nuts i knew that was what that unit had to be,but had never seen or heard of one. I'm more old school mechanic lol ok thanks for the help and diagrams now i just need to fix it lol. sorry if i put it in the wrong place but Killer had put his in the general discussion and i followed suit like a good little Lemming lmao. where should i have posted it? OK THANKS for the help i'm sure I'll be back.
General discussion is probably right but you’re in the 2000-2006 general discussion, not the 1991-1999 general discussion. But hey it’s all good you got things figured out!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello saw ur post about the P0410 code,cause now I've got the same code. It's a 98 Tahoe 5.7L 4WD auto California truck. Just one problem there's no belt driven pump but there is an elect. Compressor where the 2nd battery would go. I've always wondered what that was but never found any one who knew what it was and I've looked at if not hundreds than alot of Tshoes Yukons Suburbans etc and have yet to see another like mine. Was wondering if you had any luck with fixing yours. Thanks for your time. Take care and keep the greasy side down lol Bigfootdude1
to answer your question:
that pump should run for approx 30 seconds to a minute or so when the engine is cold
if you start the truck you should hear it running if you listen closely, then you should hear it turn off
it's function is to inject air into the engine to keep it running when it is cold at first idle, gm figured out it really isn't necessary and deleted it later
so if it is not running (often they just die) then you can replace it with a dorman or grab a used one out of the junkyard
if it is running then check all the vacuum lines attached to it and going from it, if a line came off or has a hole in it this can throw the code
if that all looks good then you have to start looking at the charcoal canister, but that is uncommon but possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen