Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Subdued

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many of you have the 3m clear bra? Mine is looking real bad after 2 years. I'm thinking of removing it and not putting back on. Anyone one without it have any issues with a lot of chips?

I don't know if I want to spend $800 again on having it done.

gnarpow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on where you live. Here in Colorado you'd have chips in a day without it. Do you have the entire front end and full hood wrapped? I just have 24" of hood and fenders and I think it was a little over $200.
Pretty sure 3m has a lifetime warranty on their film, you might want to look into that.

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check with the installer ? my 2008 tahoe (101500mi) 12"on hood ,full front end and still looks like new

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I would check with the installer on warranty as well. I had it on my Mazda that I used to have and it looked like new after a couple years.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
depends on the environment too. Here in NE after a few years, all the salt and sun turn them a Nasty Yellow tinge.

Subduedracer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a lot of salt in Northern VA winters. The bra was toast. I used a heat gun and removed the hood and fender bra. I left the bumper and grill.

Here next week I plan on having a buddy of mine detail it at his shop. Need to clay bar the exterior and seal the paint. It's showing it's 2 years sitting outside. At least I go my Ck375's on this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879