clarion nx409 with factory controls/chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to picking up a vehicle tomorrow, First order of business is to install a clarion nx409 that I had installed in another vehicle.

In order to keep onstar, doorchime and bose setup I am ordering the 2 parts below. Does anyone have any experience with either good/bad?

Does the factory integration harness take the place of the standard wiring harness you would get for a aftermarket hu install?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOS04/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIJACK/PAC-SWI-JACK.html?tp=3405
I'll put a full write up together when I do it next week, just want to get the thinking part of it out of the way now........

appreciate any input.

E

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the same unit and no they don't you need them in conjunction with the aftermarket harnesses

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks ajax, looks like its going to be a lot of harnesses to jam behind there. I think all hook in all the extras so I don't have to pull it out again. Don't own an ipod, but may as well wire it in for when I do get it.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

while I'm on it, whats the protocol for tying rear dvd into front dvd player. Theres got to be an easier way than ripping apart the whole headliner to get access. Need a wiring diagram for stock HU i guess. The dvd goes in the stock headunit to play in the back so there must be someway of doing it.

OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
preciate it ajax, I have the wiring diagram for the clarion, need to find the video feed behind the stock HU that goes to the rear dvd.

OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after a little more research, everything i've read says the factory integration harness is all you need, don't need the standard radio harness that you would normally use. Can anyone confirm this please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19