CL supercharger find. Good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
I can promise that your truck isnt going to make 400hp with and MSD ignition and a blower. Plus you WILL need to reflash your computer

OP
OP
HuskerHoe

HuskerHoe

Reaction score
what? you mean 10psi isnt good for nearly 150hp? dang...

Yeah, I realize that, but my question is say I talk him down to $300ish would it be worth it? I've got a BB tune so I'm not worried about the computer.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
you can make 10psi all day long but its if your motor can move it efficiently...look up member 95twintt..also you will need a re-tune even with a bbtune..not tryin to discourage you, jus dont want you to blow your motor.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Yeah you'll need to re-tune it for a SC. I recommend not buying used Superchargers but that's just me. Then if I was doing this, I would want to beef up internals and other things like the fuel pump etc etc.

OP
OP
HuskerHoe

HuskerHoe

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I meant by saying I have a bb tune, what that a retune wasnt a big deal. I figured for a couple hundred bucks I could replace all the bearings and such and have a decent SC. Maybe I better wait though untill I get some other stuff done. I just say it and got a little excited lol

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bearings are nice and all, but more than likely you're going to want to go with better connecting rods. The connecting rods will be taking a lot of the stress of the added compression. I'm pretty sure that's one of the things that they mean by beefing up "some" internals. It would be wise to rebuild the motor for a SC, if that's what you really want. You're motor can't have too high of a compression for the SC to work efficiently and safely.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT! MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERY PART OF THAT KIT SO IT WILL BOLT ON! NEVER HEARD OF CARROL but it looks like a vortec kit.

DUDE...i'd pick up the kit with all the trimmings do one thing...rebuild the S/C or purchase a different one.

Your getting 400 worth of parts. IF you dont pick this up...I WILL BUY this kit and sell my whipple in a heart beat!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Chevy 350 is one of the best engines of all time...dome a dozen gm has been using them for years.

Just remember its not a drag car. If your gonna build your motor build with boost. Which is a whole nother story.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this one. However, I know where you could get a Whipple kit complete with electronics & aux injectors for $1500.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bai...wut u think...buy the kit...and swap out the s/c for a namebrand one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruffnready