Chrome wheel protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, So I know I will have to deal with brake dust, a buddy told me to use wheel wax to help with that. Went to autozone and bought a bottle of armour all chrome wheel protectant. Used it but noticed a filmy residue on my wheels several hours afterwards. Decided to wipe it off so not sure if the procteant is still on there or not. Anybody else using anything they would recomend?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.bossmotorsports.com/protectant/
bottle_protectant.jpg

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turtle wax chrome polish always did well for me.
Do you plan on washing your truck? If so then why worry about brake dust. Use some hot rims wheel cleaner and wash them with a mitt and call it a day.
Then a rag with windex is a quick touch up for water spots

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue comes through again!

Lol, we can always count on Blue. Thanks bro.

Illegal, of course i plan on washing my truck, but there will be times when the weather may not allow me to wash it on a regular basis. I will need something to help fight the brake dust.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, thanks guys...actually trying both these in an hour, taking off and detaing truck!

denalianyone, love this stuff

p84732z.jpg

fishhunter911

Reaction score
turtle wax chrome polish always did well for me.
Do you plan on washing your truck? If so then why worry about brake dust. Use some hot rims wheel cleaner and wash them with a mitt and call it a day.
Then a rag with windex is a quick touch up for water spots
:badidea:

Windex will strip any and all wax off the wheels. DO NOT use windex on anything other then windows!!

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I'd like to know how good that Hot Rims Chrome Wheel cleaner works...let us know Blue!

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a before and after shot of mine....I swear by this stuff, it ROCKS!!! It takes everything off. The first time I did these wheels (they were used) I used a soft toothbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies. When I was done, they looked brand new. It took years of crap off the wheels. Wear some gloves if you are really going to get it on your hands, there is some acid in this stuff and it will exfoliate your skin without question. Good luck.

photo0077.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpuvak