Chrome molding on '05 XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coach Larry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a nice '05 XL Denali and going form an '03 SLT. I am not sure I like the lack of a break on the side of the black truck. Since I am not going to black it out and have polished wheels, I was thinking a chrome/stainless molding would help reduce the Van effect. I have put 160k on the gold one so I guess I'm used to having that chrome piece there. Other thought was to paint wheels competition grey to cut the contrast down without the molding.

image1.JPG image2.JPG

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same truck but a year newer. I like the denali moldings on these year trucks. It's clean and low profile, and I am starting to really dislike chrome. It's just a PITA to clean and keep clean. The wheels you have on the black ones would look sweet in a nice grey color! I want to do that to my chrome 2007+ 20s. But finding someone to do it is pretty tough and it's expensove, at least out here in southern California. Anyways, I think our trucks look really clean with minimal chrome. I'm working on color matching most of my chrome.

OP
OP
C

Coach Larry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I go back and forth with it, but I do like the grey trailblazer wheels I have seen on these trucks in black. I might get a price on painting these to see if its cost effective.

picture.php

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love some gunmetal ss wheels for the denali...

But instead I'll probably buy some nice Michelin defenders and spend the money on the rubbers...

I like my wheels but if I find a powerful on Craigslist or similar, I might be tempted... I'm going for smooth and quiet ride, well that is until I get my corsa..lol

Nice truck too!!!!

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can always swap to escalade running boards and roof rack. little chrome that will set it off

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@select127 has a good point. Although I don't think the esky running boards will fit onto your Denali without some serious modifications. I've been looking at the esky esv that belongs to the family I share a house with, and it looks like a ton of work. Lol. The end caps on the esky boards look slightly rounded where they meet the body. I have the esky racks on my 2006 XL, but they will probably be the only chrome pieces left on my truck by the time im done modding. Lol.

Mel Reyes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chrome denali badge is all the chrome you need. Say no to more chrome. My 2 cents.

OP
OP
C

Coach Larry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chrome denali badge is all the chrome you need. Say no to more chrome. My 2 cents.

I'm starting to get used to it now and will probably stay as you say, but i still think there could be something to do here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510