Cheap SS Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeSchmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've searched all night, ( I work mids) can't find a Silverado SS cluster for under $200+. ($400 from that guy on eBay with deposit).
I have an 03 White Z71 and want those White face gauges, but OEM look.
Point me in any direction besides a junk yard.

So far I found just about everything about the cluster, basically plug and play including trans temp because of this forum. Only owned my truck a few months but got a shit-ton of help here. Thanks!:boti:

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clusters are in high demand because they fail often. Gotta pony up the dough.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just get a white gauge overlay and instal it yourself but you have to take the cluster apart to do it. I have never done it but it can`t be very hard.

But a lot of our trucks have the stepper motors fail so in my opinion it`s well worth the money to go to digital dash solutions on ebay and get a rebuilt cluster or have him rebuild yours. And you also get the trans temp gauge added and programmed. I got the white SS cluster from him and love it.

IMG_9692_zpsbb6f072a.jpg

Mechahead

Reaction score
Yeah, they are hard to come by cheap. I am looking to change mine over to a 05 escalde overlay with the board from mine. Solder in a stepper motor for the trans temp and see if I need to reprogram the board. The truck is already putting out the signal for it, just need to see if my board is capable of displaying it. No matter how you do it isn't cheap.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 07 cluster off a guy from ebay for 280 shipped. When it arrived it had markings on the back indicating it had been rebuilt. Sold my stock (semi-functioning) Denali cluster as a core for $130 (took 45 days to sell). Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are y'all having these replacement clusters reprogrammed with the existing mileage and hours in engine? Would help when you resell bigtime. [emoji106]

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent mine to the guy on ebay(digital dash solutions) to get some burnt out cluster bulbs repaired. Ended up putting in new stepper motors along with a Esky platinum trim ring bezel. I had to fill out and sign and odometer disclosure statement and he made it sure it had the same mileage going out as it did coming in.....Guy does good work and he is has a quick turn around time too.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent mine to the guy on ebay(digital dash solutions) to get some burnt out cluster bulbs repaired. Ended up putting in new stepper motors along with a Esky platinum trim ring bezel. I had to fill out and sign and odometer disclosure statement and he made it sure it had the same mileage going out as it did coming in.....Guy does good work and he is has a quick turn around time too.

Doesn't be charge an arm and a leg? I remember looking into him and he wanted over $100 just to program my SS cluster. Ended up going with a company in CA that did it for $45.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are y'all having these replacement clusters reprogrammed with the existing mileage and hours in engine? Would help when you resell bigtime. [emoji106]

My truck sits at a svelte 35k miles now:jester: The mileage was 185k when I swapped em so its exactly 150k less, so that makes it easy to honestly keep up with it. Generally over 100k is deemed exempt for titling and such so I'm not overly concerned about it. Also, if the VIN isn't programmed to the cluster, you lose the instant MPG feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy