Changing bulbs behind gauge and dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehea28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wanting to change the color of my bulbs behind my dash gauges and hopefully all the other lights behind me dash and window/door lock buttons. How hard is this to do? Could i do it myself? Where would i order the bulbs from? If its a little complicated who could i get to do them? Sorry for all the questions really looking to change things up in the inside. thanks for any help in advance.

i bought these off ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-Blue-SMD...264&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=261080654946&) and took the light out and seperated the bulb from the plastic socket and with a little bit of solder it works like a charm

dmull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I have a 2001 yukon xl with the automatic temp settings. I'm looking to change all of the dash & button back lights to blue LEDs. What is the easiest bulbs to use to accomplish this? Resistors needed? Thanks

Hayden's Truck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a address for replacement bulbs for your warnings lights on the cluster panel. http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2

I have been trying to track down components for cluster repairs since they are a huge issue but the people who know are the ones in business for cluster repair. I was told today by two resistor and semiconductor manufacturers that they couldn't give me any data on parts they made over 10 years ago because they were made for GM per their needs. Kind of B.S in my opinion, these chips cost 50 cents and they make it so you have to buy a new/remanufactured or send it off for repair so you are spending a minimum of 200 if you have a bad 50 cent chip. I cracked a trace i think in my board replacing bulbs by pulling in and out of vehicle too many times. Just be careful pulling these boards out, most places will not accept a panel that has been altered in any way (including stepper motors) as a core, so you have to eat a core charge.