CEL on/off STILL--CODE P0178/0171

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
OK, so after reinforcing my CAI at the TB with an upgraded coupling I thought I had licked the CEl but nope..... The damn thing is still going on and off.....sometimes several times a day.....sometimes it will be on for a day, go off for a few hours and come on......sometimes it will be off for a day..... It is throwing the fuel composition sensor code and lean/rich. I took the sensor harness off and cleaned the connections and made sure everything is kosher but still on/off. I don't want to drop the loot on the sensor($400) since it is going on/off which means it is working sometimes and maybe it is something else..

Any suggestions, anyone had a similar ghost in the machine?

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
I run E85 too, and my gas mileage sucks with it. But, I can run E85 with my 91 Octane tune and get the same HP... but for $.80 a gallon cheaper than 93 Octane here in Dallas.
And there's only a 2 mpg difference between the two, which means I actually save money by buying E85. (just barely though)

BH