Catch Can Install (Team RXP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m trying to install a Team RXP Catch Can.

1. Does anyone know the size of this nut (I’m pointing to in the picture)? Can I get that nut at the dealer? I’m looking to mount my catch can off that stud.

IMG_4506.jpeg

2. The other nut I am looking for is smaller see picture below. Anyone know the size of that nut? Or where I can get one for that stud?

IMG_4505.jpeg

Why am I mounting there? This is a dual can system. I’ve run Team RXP catch cans in a 2010 Camaro and 2015 RAM HEMI and they are impressive. Pricey but worth every penny. No screwing off the bottom there is a nice valve for easy draining.

IMG_4507.jpeg

Thanks

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
AutoZone or any decent hardware store should have the nut although I’m not sure the exact size I think the socket for it is a 10mm so take that in with you to the store to go off of.

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AutoZone or any decent hardware store should have the nut although I’m not sure the exact size I think the socket for it is a 10mm so take that in with you to the store to go off of.

Yes was hoping someone knows the exact size / spec so I don’t cross thread or damage the stud. I checked my random screw, but, bolt, nail stash. I found something but it felt like I was going to force it to turn.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note sure how heavy your can setup is, but the studs you are pointing to look like press-in pieces that are just going through the firewall and might not have much rigidity.

Not knocking this RXP unit at all, but I changed over to a MightyMouse setup on my C5Z. It can easily be reconfigured for any setup, and comes with a few mounting options too.

Screenshot_20230529_225158_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note sure how heavy your can setup is, but the studs you are pointing to look like press-in pieces that are just going through the firewall and might not have much rigidity.

Not knocking this RXP unit at all, but I changed over to a MightyMouse setup on my C5Z. It can easily be reconfigured for any setup, and comes with a few mounting options too.

I think I will be ok. I found the correct flange nut for the larger stud where the A/C equipment is mounted to the firewall. This could work. There are a couple things that concern me though. There is some play in the stud itself, a small amount, however I got on it with a pretty good amount of force to move it. The bigger issue is that with the mouting bracket + washer + nut I don't feel like there are enough threads coming through. I think it would hold, and I would be fine with it, but I don't need to put the extra stress on it if I don't need to.

I don't know why I didn't think of it this afternoon while I was getting the nut for the above mention stud, I should have also got a M6 10mm nut for the secondary location. I also carefully put some force on this stud with my hand this afternoon and I do feel like it is pretty sturdy. Tomorrow I'll stop by Lowe's again to get a M6 nut. There is another catch can company that uses a similar stud on the silverado but on the driver's side yes with a smaller can. I think I will be ok. The nut size is a little small but I think I'll be ok with a washer. I could do a small dab of lock-site, or I could torque stripe it and monitor. I don't believe the dual catch can would put enough force on the stud to bend it or shear it off. More to follow!

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it in recently. Seems like a pretty solid fit.

I have a YouTube video of how I ran the lines.

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019