CarPlay limits available music when in motion??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ask it to play a song or playlist. Its not that difficult.

Never said it was difficult. Just annoying.

But...

I should be able to scroll through all of my artists and albums...not just when I'm sitting in a parking lot. Not to mention I have multiple albums from the same artists and usually have no recollection of what their albums are called. Saying "play artist X" will being playing all of their songs.

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny, but do you have issues now using Siri?

Siri causes issues if it's on. If youre listening to an audio source other than your phone and you pick up your phone and check mail etc it will sometimes randomly start playing music from your phone.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never said it was difficult. Just annoying.

But...

I should be able to scroll through all of my artists and albums...not just when I'm sitting in a parking lot. Not to mention I have multiple albums from the same artists and usually have no recollection of what their albums are called. Saying "play artist X" will being playing all of their songs.

You could also say the album name and it will play.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also say the album name and it will play.

There are a lot of things I could do as workarounds for the bugs currently built into the system. But ultimately my preference would be for the system to just work.

(Not to mention I pretty much stopped memorizing album names after Darkside of the moon :))

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a lot of things I could do as workarounds for the bugs currently built into the system. But ultimately my preference would be for the system to just work.

(Not to mention I pretty much stopped memorizing album names after Darkside of the moon :))

I was having the same issue, if you use the tuning button it will scroll through all of you music and contacts.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having the same issue, if you use the tuning button it will scroll through all of you music and contacts.

In CarPlay? While in motion? Not on mine...

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In carplay and while in motion. I haven't had any issues scrolling with the tuning knob. I was having problems using the steering wheel but found out that the steering wheel controls don't work when plugged in.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In carplay and while in motion. I haven't had any issues scrolling with the tuning knob. I was having problems using the steering wheel but found out that the steering wheel controls don't work when plugged in.

Wow. That's nuts! Mine does NOTHING when you turn the tuning knob. What model do you have? I have a 2016 Yukon Denali

Do you mind shooting a quick vid so I can show the dealer?

Anyone else able to scroll through artists in Apple CarPlay via their tuning knob?

Thanks

Last edited:

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have carplay add on from MVI in a 2015 SLT. I will video tomorrow. Do I need to be moving or just put the vehicle in drive

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh so yours isnt stock....Ok...It would still be interesting to see it work and does it give you access to all artists or just a sub set when you're in drive? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris